Dear Pungents, I need a name for a group of 10-to-16 year olds whose brothers or sisters have significant special needs. The siblings seem to have the same twisted sense of humour/coping skills as their parents, and are quite comfortable with “Autism Rocks!” or “My brother got encephalitis and all I got was this lousy t-shirt” jokes. What can you come up with that makes people laugh with them?
AS THE PUN GENTS SEE IT:
1) “The Emergency Roomers – practically paying rent at the hospital.”
2) “The Special Nerds – when it comes to disabilities, we know it all.”
3) “Patients with Patience.”
4) [shirt to wear in hospital] “You’re looking at a familiar face: ICU every day.”
5) “More Kissable than Disable – my special needs sister/brother is cute!”
6) [bonus nonpun] “My sister’s in the hospital – and I’m in therapy.”